The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

VW/Audi/Porsche Flashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnetwork

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 25, 2006
New Milford, New_Jersey
I have been wondering this for a long time now and I'm finally going throw it out there... As many of you know, Euro cars are rarely ever self tuned and many of them don't have self-tuning options like we do. Because of this those drivers are forced to purchase flashes (or chips for the older cars). These flashes are usually setup in stages. Here is an example of a flash for a 2008 GTI "Big Turbo": Performance Software - 2006-2008 Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0TFSI 200HP. This flash is supposedly good for a GT-28/30/35 up to 20psi. I can't even imagine making a tune on a DSM with certain injectors and telling someone just blindly use the tune (as long as they had the same injectors and MAF as I did). Even a different intake and exhaust can change things and then there are all the other factors (air temp, cooling setup, air density, etc) that can cause detonation on a motor while another is OK.

How are these companies doing this safely?

I always hear VW/Audi enthusiasts throwing around the term "self-adapting", are these ECUs that much more advanced that they can self-tune around different conditions?

I have tried to call a few of these companies in the past and you never get an expert, you just get some person with the same generic answers... "It adapts to the conditions", "It reads air with the Mass Airflow Sensor and knows how much fuel to give", etc.

Is there any reason besides demand that you don't see these kinds of products for other vehicles?

I just wanted to see what some of you would have to say on this matter. :coy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have often wondered about this my self honestly. I have a friend with a golf vr6 GTI hes a big vw guy I can ask him and see what he says about it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back