The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G VSS Location

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denylou001

Probationary Member
Apr 24, 2021
Moorpark, California
I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST Turbo AT FWD 2.0 I can't find the VSS. I can't find any information on it on YouTube or anywhere. Could someone please help me find it so I can replace it please?

It is part of the speedometer assembly, at the transmission, where the cable screws into it, as in the picture that Hiroshi has provided.

Oh yeah, electronic not mechanical. Thanks Matt!
But still in the location as mentioned, correct? I don't want to dish out bad info.

Yes, still in the same location. It is driven by a ring gear on the differential so it has to be at the back of the transmission, essentially underneath the throttle body elbow. It sticks out of the top of the transmission a bit and has a three wire connector plugged into it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back