The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

VRSF FMIC with Magnus SMIM-TB Elbow???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turboboy4

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes for the throttle body elbow and upper intercooler pipe not lining up the VRSF FMIC kit with a Magnus intake manifold this is also with the 3in GM MAF option. I have been looking into the FFTEC or Dejon Tool throttle body elbows but not positive if it will line up and dont want to waste the money if it wont. Any help or suggestions would be great thanks

Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes for the throttle body elbow and upper intercooler pipe not lining up the VRSF FMIC kit with a Magnus intake manifold this is also with the 3in GM MAF option. I have been looking into the FFTEC or Dejon Tool throttle body elbows but not positive if it will line up and dont want to waste the money if it wont. Any help or suggestions would be great thanks

can we see some picutres to have a better understanding of what u trying to do...:D

I can get some pics tommorow, The angle is off on the vrsf elbow because it is angled downward and it needs to be straighter. Its cause because of the straight runners on the magnus intake. The piping is also way to long but I can always cut and section the upper pipe no big deal there

I know it's been a few months since this thread had any activity...but I ran into this same problem during my build (except I am using SD and not a GM MAF). Because of the new TB location, thanks to the SMIM, I took my TB elbow to a welder and had him re-angle the pipe to come out level with the SMIM. I also had him shorten the pipe by about 2", enough so that I could run a 45 degree coupler to create the necessary angle. I will have some pics in the morning to illustrate everything. The main thing: You will have to get creative to get everything to fit/work...especially with using the GM MAF.

I have the vr 2g kit on my 1g and i used a dejon elbow from a old upper pipe i had laying around along with a 45* coupler and its fit 100% PERFECT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually called FFTEC because I knew they offered a stock location throttle body elbow that is a true fabricated 2.5" elbow. Little pricey, but well worth it, it has the perfect angle and all I did was trim about 2-3" from the one vrsf pipe and used a straight 2.5" coupler I had laying around. GM Maf fits great, but I did have to get a couple different clamps to go on the MAF since vrsf sends clamps that bottom out before they get completely tight, I kept having issues with the coupler blowing over 30psi boost. I will try to get some pics up of my engine asap so you can all see.

Sorry this took so long to get pics up but here you can see the TB Elbow I used

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back