The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

VRSF FMIC trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielsl1999gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2009
los angles, California
so ive been doing research on how to install this FMIC and got plenty of threads. So started to disassemble my car and came upon a problem that i have not seen cover on any of these thread. I believe this is the power steering cooler?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and it is in the way of the lower intercooler pipe, and ive seen that everyone else doesn't have it but me. So im guessing they removed it, but i dont know how i would remove it. any help?

Since you live in Cali you probably have emission tests. I would think you can't remove it but I would try and relocate it.

Removing it is easy, buy an egr blockoff plate from ebay, yank out all vacuum lines and cap off the nipples on the throttle body. The only vacuum lines you will need to run is the intake manifold to bov and the one from the intake mnaifold to your fuel pressure regulator. Done.

Removing it is easy, buy an egr blockoff plate from ebay, yank out all vacuum lines and cap off the nipples on the throttle body. The only vacuum lines you will need to run is the intake manifold to bov and the one from the intake mnaifold to your fuel pressure regulator. Done.

Blocking off the EGR won't effect emission readings?

i get you on that, but idk if would fit with the piping. what would be the plan then, to completely remove it?

Blocking off the EGR won't effect emission readings?

I'm pretty sure it would, it's up to him, it's just a simpler option i was giving.

Daniels, it would be simpler to remove it, but think about emissions testing, not sure if that is the best choice, unless you have aa waay around it when test time comes.

yeah i will need it for smog, im thinking about relocating it to where 95-97 are. so that should be fun =/ thanks guys for your help.

OP is from California. They need everything.

yeah i will need it for smog, im thinking about relocating it to where 95-97 are. so that should be fun =/ thanks guys for your help.

This will be alot of work, seeing as you will have to extend wiring for the sensor, also reroute the piping for the lines to the intake/fuel tank. Best bet is to see if you can still get it to fit in the wheel well with the intercooler piping by making a custom bracket. This will be your best and easiest option.

I don't have the VRSF FMIC but I have a Slowboy. I just run the piping right in between the canister and the two hard lines that goes across the radiator. I had to angle it a little and bend a tab on the canister but it worked.

We've had a few guys who have just moved it out of the way by bending the brackets.

No need to completely relocate it, way too much work. You only need to clear 2.5" of space ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back