The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Drag Race Build Vroom Vroom Awd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You’re in Cincy?

Hell yeah! Did you find a place?

Nope. I know what general area I want to live and my "must have" items for a house. Just waiting on job interviews and to receive an offer. I have a pre-approval letter for a home up to 275k already, but I'm not taking the risk of two mortgages and no job, the thought makes me cringe.

Have two next week, the first is my second interview as a SALT (state and local tax) senior/manager for a cannabis company, but I feel I can provide significantly more value than just that so I will suggesting a hybrid title, and asking for more money.

The second is cpa firm that has a cannabis group, pays quite a bit more and would provide me the chance to become an industry expert quicker.

If I land the second one, I will be dropping another 10k into the talon almost immediately after I move.

As part of the planned upgrades, I'm wanting to get rid of all the old vacuum lines and move over to push lock or braided line. Is there a one stop shop to get all the fittings/connectors for it that would be needed to replace all the lines?

I need connections for the intake mani, tial BOV, wastegate, and for the ports of the Ingersoll Rand boost controller.

What have people been using recently and what works the best?

House sold and I was offered a new job within a 24 hour period. House closes May 16, but we have the option to speed that up.

Now I just need to find a house in Cincinnati :0

Small updates on car + life.

Car moves into storage tomorrow, seems it may be a lot longer before it's back on the road than I'd like (due to housing)
Tim e-mailed me and said he finally had all the parts to reassemble the Liberty dogbox
I'm on week 36 of waiting for my CF doors, sent an e-mail few days ago. If I don't have a response in a couple weeks, might just try and reclaim my deposit and try to buy used.
Last day of this current job is today.
I'll be in Cincinnati M-F next week for training.
Have to be out of current home by May 5th, lined up temporary living situations where I save around 2300 a month since I no longer have a mortgage. :0
Still can't find a house, offering 10-20k over and getting outbid. It's insane and not sustainable. Rates are ridiculous too; fixed 30 year crossed over 5% for first time since 2011.

It took over a year to get my carbon fiber pieces from Carbonetics and there was some drama at the end with them requesting address confirmation, which I would give them, only to get that same request a few days later. This happened a few more times and then I received an email stating that if I don't respond they'll charge me storage fees. It got resolved in the end but WTF. Anyway, good luck with the move and post an update when you can.

Tim e-mailed me and said he finally had all the parts to reassemble the Liberty dogbox

Is it going to be reassembled as a Liberty faceplated dogbox? Or as something different?
I see on Tim's TMZ web site now that the Stage 5 Liberty Faceplated Dogbox is "NO LONGER AVAILABLE".
So it makes me curious if he was still able to build you one like it's shown on his web page, or if it had to be quite a bit different.
Maybe the parts that are no longer available are things he was able to reuse from your old box?

I'm not sure I want to install it and ruin the finish.

Maybe I'll cuddle with it, look at it, polish it...

IMG_3109.jpg

Well, small update.

Picking this bad boy up Saturday at 10 am; 8.5' wide x 16' long. Figured I would just buy a trailer before I moved to Cinci at the end of this month. Renting a U-haul + paying someone to trailer the talon that far was going to cost like 4,300-4,500 bucks between the two. Rather than "waste" that cash I put it into a trailer that I HAVE to have at some point. I'll also be offering to move cars/things for folks within a 2 hour drive of wherever I live to offset the cost. Will also make going to the track easier; finally looked it up and my new home is 25 mins away from one drag strip, and 55 away from another.

-As for the car, have the funds set aside to upgrade the fuel system to 8an lines. Just deciding if I want to go push-lock style AN or the traditional. Also wanting to get rid of all the hoses/couplers within the intercooler system. Was looking at these moments ago - https://www.maperformance.com/produ...l-coupler-cplr-2-5inch?variant=29610149576774

Still haven't heard a thing on the CF doors; trying to verify I have the correct e-mail before I try and purchase them used.

67364399669__2A163B41-ACE5-4A21-9550-303839465508.jpg

Made it to Ohio. @TK's9d2TSi helped me unload the first round, and then I went back to get the Talon on Friday. Woke up at 3 am, made the 11 hour trip, spent 4 hours loading up, then made the trip again the next morning at 5 am. I'll be installing a wench on my garage floor to pull the car off the trailer, and then another to pull the car on the trailer. It took 3 people to push the car on the trailer ;0

Updates will be slow for the car; house needs a face lift. In the two weeks I've been here, we have painted two bedrooms, hallway, dining and living room. New trim for all those locations as well (about 40% complete on this, my trim nailer broker). Painting door frames, removing doors and sanding those down, and correcting imperfections is next. Replacing all door hinges/locks with matte black hardware. All new plugs, switches, and plates as well.

Think I've spent 1,900 at hardware store in those two weeks. 15 gallons of paint, 250 feet trim, tools, etc.

As for car updates - just fired off another e-mail to Carbonetics. Haven't heard anything since February when they told me my CF doors would ship in 4-6 weeks.

67659425127__D635ED8E-2DB4-43FB-B299-20041E400BD2.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back