The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

vr4 brakes on a 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbomatic

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 4, 2009
Shelby, North_Carolina
Ive got a 97 gst spyder. Im wanting to upgrade the brakes to the 4 piston vr4/stealth TT calipers. Ive searched the forums on this site and it says its possible but I will need an adapter plate to make the caliper fit the spindle. There is a link in one of the threads to a website where the adapters were sold, but its no longer there. Ive searched google for the last 30 min and have found nothing. Does anyone know where I can get a set of adapters? Thanks in advance.

You can also convert to the Evo's Brembo calipers and rotors for a reasonable amount of work and money.
Convert 2g to Evo brakes
Reasonable? He'll need to import JDM knuckles. Mitsumissile can supply them for $550 shipped. Then to find the Evo brakes. Usually they sell it for all 4 which will cost about $400. Maybe the OP will get lucky and find it for $200 for the front but it'll throw the brake bias off. SO it can range from $750 to $950 for this big brake kit. Really nice if you were to compare it to the 2g Brembo kit which is about $2.5k. But really, it seems more logical to get brackets and use the VR4 calipers instead unless the theme here is "bigger the better."
Actually, theyre not... Theyre out of stock on the STEEL brackets.. They still have the aluminum brackets...:thumb:

Good call. Only couple bucks more though.

Someone on this forum told me that they use 3000gt vr4 calipers with Evo rotors... He said he bought the adapter on ebay.. Im hoping that those were the brackets because i really dont have money for the evo brake upgrade... I might as well go with the tce kit...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back