The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

VR-4 Fuel Pump - Should I go with an adjustable FPR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsy0

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2004
Lexington, Massachusetts
I grabbed a stock VR-4 fuel pump off of my friend's car since he upgraded, planning on putting it in soon. Right now I'm running the stock turbo/injectors and DSMLink, with a EVO III Big 16G/650sin the near future. I know its always better to have an adjustable FPR than not, but for my purposes, with a rewired stock VR-4 pump, do you think it's worth it?

Flow rate for reference (off of RRE's site):
180 lph @43psi @12v

Thanks,
Scott

I doubt it, because most people running the 190lph pump are not running a fpr. I don't think you'll have to worry about aver-running.

Actually the VR4 pump outflows the Walbro 190*, but still, you won't need an AFPR for it. I ran it for about a year with no problems and only recently got an AFPR.

* VR4 pump at 12 volts is 180 lph, while Walbro at 12.5 volts is 168 lph if you look at those RRE pages closely. The "190" rating comes at 14 volts, which your pump will probably never see.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back