The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

VPC and a super AFR for 2g gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyBirdRacing

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 25, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
Hi,
I just have some basic questions. Deos the HKS VPC require any modifications to the stock ecu, or intake system to a 97-99 gsx. Is the VPC like a stand alone fuel management system. Will the vpc work with an aftermarket ecu. Deos a HKS Super AFR electronically adjust the air/fuel ration or would I still have to do it. As you can tell I really no nothing about fuel tuning, just starting out and looking for maximum performace for my future 97-99 gsx.

Thanks a lot,
Bill

The VPC is plug and play with the stock ECU. Just remember to match the correct size injectors to the VPC injector chip.

But the more important question is: What do you have NOW that is making you contemplate the VPC? Don't tell me you're still "stock"? If so, the AFC is all you need....for now.

Hi,
Thanks. I do not have a DSM yet. I am looking into getting a 97-99 gsx, and am looking for aftermarket parts for it. I have looked a fuel system upgrades, intake, exhaust, clutches and stuff of that nature, and I came across the VPC and the AFR of HKS and was wondering what tehy did. When I get my gsx I plan on doing clutch, ignition system, blow off valve, fuel system, intake and exhasut before I do this. That is why I was wondering if I needed to make any modifications to the stock intake setup (filter, MAS) when I wanted to put this is in. I was going to get a 3" inch dejon tool intake, but they have a seperate on onthier for the VPC but it did not have the MAS or tube for blowoff valve on them.

Thanks a lot,
Bill

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back