The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

volumetric efficency of the 4G64

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonted_one

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2002
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
I was trying to do some calculations for turbo sizing and efficency.(I'm bored)

I was wondering if anyone knew what the volumetric efficency of the 4G64 is or how to find the information?

I have found that the best way to pul VE numbers is by looking at a dyno chart of a stock or lightly modified motor. Or, if you can find one, look for a dyno chart of a motor with the same mods as you.

Then, you have to run some numbers to figure out the airflow (because airflow correlates directly with hp) and when you find the airflow, you can find the VE.

With stock cams, I have found VE on a 63 or a 64 to be approximately as follows:

4000 - 105%
5000 - 105%
6000 - 95%
7000 - 73%

Now, that is just an approximation, so let's not have anyone come in here yelling at me. I realize it is not perfect, but if you plug in accurate boost, compressor efficiency, and intercooler efficientcy numbers, you will get reliable flow and power outputs.

I have made up a cool spreadsheet that allows me to plug in displacement, VE at several rpm points, boost, CE, IE, intake temp, and a couple other things, and it will give you the flow rate and the approximate power output at those rpms.

Good stuff.

....Kyle T.
93 TSi AWD "TURBO4"

Originally posted by kpt4321
I have made up a cool spreadsheet that allows me to plug in displacement, VE at several rpm points, boost, CE, IE, intake temp, and a couple other things, and it will give you the flow rate and the approximate power output at those rpms.

Mind posting that up? :thumb:

It is in excel format, what would be the best way for me to get it out?

...Kyle T.

You should be able to right-click and save as the following link:

{technical difficulties, bear with me}

If not, let me know.

....Kyle T.

See? It's not as easy as you would expect. :)

The problem I had was, whenever I dropped it on my server with a FTP program, the file size would drop to 0 bytes. So, it was there, but it...wasn't. Weird.

....Kyle T.

well I am having a different problem... I will sucessfully uploaded to the server and put in the appropriate tags. The problem is when i test it to see if anyone can DL it, I get a server error saying you cant DL mpeg or avi files. The extension clearly says .xlr.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back