The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Volk Metal Craft - updates on what's new

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99gst_racer

Apr 5, 2003
Coloma, Michigan
Hey all! It's been a while since we officially introduced VMC here on this forum and I wanted to share some updates. We had a great 2018 and an even better 2019. Thank you to all of your DSMers for your support! We've been working hard to increase our manufacturing capabilities and in turn, increase our product offerings.

~ In 2019, we dove in the 3000GT/Stealth market and we now offer 6 different suspension/chassis related products for that platform, with plans for more in 2021. And just recently here in 2020, we've started testing with our EVO 8/9 and EVO X rear lower control arms. We're excited to grow in those platforms as well!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

~ In early 2020, we purchased a Bendtech Dragon A150. It's a CNC plasma tube coping machine. We've been using it all year to help speed up production of 1G DSM crossmembers and also various chromoly control arm sets and it's been great. We finally recently spent some more time learning the software and just recently finished the drawing of our 2G DSM rear subframe. So we'll be deploying it’s capabilities on those subframes going forward. What does this mean? It means we’ll be knocking out our backlog of orders all winter and come spring, we’ll be able to turn a new subframe order around and get it out there door in a couple weeks. Our next step, along with building 30+ subframes this fall/winter, is to draw up the prototype 2G subframe to house the '15+ 8.8 IRS rearend. We’re very much looking forward to sharing that prototype with everybody. Stay tuned!

Here's a couple screenshots of the CAD drawing, as well as a short video of the A150 in action:

~ 2021! We're planning on continued growth. We now need more square footage in the shop, as well as more space for order packaging. We're shopping for a building now and also kicking around the idea of building a shop next year.

And here's a screenshot of a short list of parts we'll be coming out with soon. if there's anything else that you'd like to see made, please throw some ideas at us and we'll see what we can do!

And last but not least, a cool product promo video we did for an ad campaign on FB last year:

Last edited:
will everything still be only group buy only?
The only product sold via group buy is the 2G front LCA's. Aside from those and the subframes, which are build-to-order, everything else is normally in stock and ready to ship.

Check out the website. Inventory is live and accurate, ----> http://volkmetalcraft.com

Almost forgot to mention that we'll also be taking over Kevin Kovatch's 2G fender brace production. We have Kevin's jig in house now and will begin production on these very soon. The overall design will stay the same. They'll bb TIG welded using 4130 tube and powdercoated black.

Thank you for continuing to support the platform. I’ve said it before so I’m sorry to sound like a broken record, but the main reason I still check into the forums periodically is in hopes of the compression arm release!

Edit: a 2g spindle to allow a wider tire is also always welcome.

The only thing I want is a fwd bolt in fuel cell since nobody offers this for fwd. But as others mentioned, I would like front compression arms and upper front arms.

Other idea that I haven't seen mentioned of offered is brembo brake brackets. I think this will be a hot item.

Keep up the good work with making quality products. I have every arm you sell ;).

No updates on the 1G rear subframes or 2G front compression arms. Both were backburnered for the time being.

I would like to get the 2G front subframe drawn in CAD next and start taking order for those. HOPEFULLY, I can find time for that this winter.

I'd love to produce brembo brake brackets. Anyone have a set of calipers I can borrow or a set they want to trade for VOLK store credit? :)

Between now and the end of 2021, we have several products that will be dropping. In no particular order, 3000GT FWD rear control arms, EVO X rear LCA's and toe arms, EVO 8/9 rear toe arms, 1G DSM solid rear subframe bushings, and a trick solid bushing kit for the 2G cars that allows you to AWD swap a FWD car without requiring the longer AWD subframe bolts (so no more cutting into the frame rails!).

Paul i got you ill bring them to you let me know when you want them. 1g rear calipers how about a front knuckle for the brembo brake set up.

No updates on the 1G rear subframes or 2G front compression arms. Both were backburnered for the time being.

I would like to get the 2G front subframe drawn in CAD next and start taking order for those. HOPEFULLY, I can find time for that this winter.

I'd love to produce brembo brake brackets. Anyone have a set of calipers I can borrow or a set they want to trade for VOLK store credit? :)

Between now and the end of 2021, we have several products that will be dropping. In no particular order, 3000GT FWD rear control arms, EVO X rear LCA's and toe arms, EVO 8/9 rear toe arms, 1G DSM solid rear subframe bushings, and a trick solid bushing kit for the 2G cars that allows you to AWD swap a FWD car without requiring the longer AWD subframe bolts (so no more cutting into the frame rails!).

If you need cars to test fit that 2g front subframe, I'm game. Trying to ligthen this baby up.

Paul i got you ill bring them to you let me know when you want them. 1g rear calipers how about a front knuckle for the brembo brake set up.
Thanks man. You got a set of EVO Brembo calipers?

If you need cars to test fit that 2g front subframe, I'm game. Trying to ligthen this baby up.
thanks for the offer. We do have a 2G chassis here at the shop for test fitting. Also, we have a design down already too. Prototype has been going strong for 7 years now. We just need to get it geared up for production so that we can dial in efficiency and reduce lead times.

I wasnt thinking paul i need the evo calipers, anyone got some, or fronts i would love to have a setup for the fronts. And the rears using evo calipers.

Paul, when front subframes are ready, I can commit to 3 of them. PM me if you want to discuss offline.

I can't wait to see the new bushings for the 2G AWD swap. Not cutting into the car to install the AWD subframe would make things so much easier. Looking forward to see what you came up with. :thumb:
We're hoping DSM's find them useful when doing the swap. I hope to have the first 15 kits produced sometime mid-December. So keep an eye out for a product introduction here on DSMtuners and also on our Facebook page.

There are brembos in the classifieds right now for sale. I'm looking foward to seeing the new products for the 2gs. Is your front 2g subframe going to have multiple locations for the lca? My car will be down for winter. I could lend you my actual brembos brackets that I got from the guy on here a while back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back