The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Visual Guide: Front Windshield Wiper Arms and Blades

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This guide is for the 2nd generation Mitsubishi Eclipse and Eagle Talon.

Disclaimer: this info may not be comprehensive or exhaustive, and may contain mistakes or errors. If you see a mistake or something missing, feel free to drop a comment. :)

Front Windshield Wiper Arms
Left Arm (MR311075) Shown
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

• Left: MR311075 (supersedes MR191072)
  • Right: MR311077 (supersedes MR191073)

Fasteners & Components

These parts are NOT included with the OEM wiper arms.
  • Wiper Arm Head Cover (1 qty. per arm): MR109849
  • M8 Nut (1 qty. per arm): MF430121

Front Windshield Wiper Blades
Right Blade (8250A098) Shown

Left Wiper Blade

• North American
    • 24in [597mm]: MZ690131 (supersedes MR311074 & MR191074)
  • European
    • 600mm: MR300890

Right Wiper Blade

• 22in [563mm]: 8250A098 (supersedes MR311076 & MR191075)

Last edited:
UPDATE & FYI: When I installed the wiper arms MR311075 and MR311077, I found that the wiper arm head cover hole diameter is just a little larger than the superseded original arms. This prevents the OEM wiper arm head covers from obtaining a snug fit; they are too loose.

i'm a little confused here, you car being a 99, should have the MR311075 and MR311077 arms installed from the factory.

but you are correct the width of the recessed area the caps fit in, is larger on the older style of arms. I measured roughly 20 thousandths of an inch difference. There is definitely a difference but precision measuring isn't really my thing so that number most likely isn't exactly spot on.

the most notable difference between the two is, the newer ones have a slightly larger rivet and the rivet is slightly closer to the blade end.

i'm a little confused here, you car being a 99, should have the MR311075 and MR311077 arms installed from the factory.

but you are correct the width of the recessed area the caps fit in, is larger on the older style of arms. I measured roughly 20 thousandths of an inch difference. There is definitely a difference but precision measuring isn't really my thing so that number most likely isn't exactly spot on.

the most notable difference between the two is, the newer ones have a slightly larger rivet and the rivet is slightly closer to the blade end.
Great info! Thank you!

As far as the arms on my car, what I removed was definitely a little different than the new old stock I used for the writeup. I'm not sure why that was the case; it's possible a previous owner swapped the arms with a set from an older car, but I haven't been able to find a set of covers/caps that fit the new arms snugly. 🤔

With the change in dimension on that cover/cap hole, it would make sense that they would have made a new cover/cap, but as far as I have been able to tell, the part number didn't change after the older style arms were superseded.

My best guess is that they used the older style arms for all production cars and superseded the part after production ended, without upgrading the cover/cap? 🤔

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back