The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

VIN # question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM-Boi

Probationary Member
Feb 9, 2004
London, Ontario_Canada
Anyone know the universal beginning vin # for plymouth lasers
:confused:

i know that :p but like isnt there a universal one, like my friend has a honda civic coupe and most of them start with EJ1, so other then my vin i was wondering if there is one set for these cars ;)

Just curious if anyone has a breakdown on what the numbers in the VIN coorespond to for DSMs, more specifically, if you can tell the transmisson (5spd or auto) from a VIN.

Yes you can tell, I believe there is a break down of the numbers in my manual I will check and respond if no one else has.

:D thank yous I dont see transmissions though, but still thanks :cool:

I own a 91 awd A/T talon and need to order parts from my Mitsu dealer only as of recently they require a vin... Mine not being an eclipse doesn't work, and the Chrysler dealers can't even get me part #'s so I'm asking if anyone with a 91 awd auto eclipse would kindly post a vin I can use at Mitsu... It would help immensely thanks!

Your parts guy doesnt know how to use his own software. You have a model d27a car and you will need the build date.

4A3CT64U6ME081788

They shouldn't need it to look it up. As Paul mentioned, if they enter the D27A in the model, they can select or enter either MRGFL4M (specifies auto and federal emissions) or MRGFL9M (specifies auto and Cali emissions) from the Classification box and then enter 1991011 in both Production Period boxes, it will focus on '91 model GSXs with an automatic transmission. And actually, this would be the preferred method depending on what you're looking for. Reason being, with a specific VIN, you have no idea what options that VIN will have that your car also has. Better to look it up generically and widdle the options down from there.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back