The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Victory IC pipes or Victory IC question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostineklipz

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 2, 2002
1, Maine
I have the FMIC on with the Victory short route piping, but its a pain in the ass to get the bumper on and when its on, it does not line up on the sides. I have trimmed the bumper enough and would not like to trim it anymore. Who has this on with the bumper fitting comfortly?

Originally posted by Airpoppoff
hey patrick, i had to trim the shit out of mine, and you can kinda see it from all the pics i took, My pro street kit is identical side pipes out of the intercooler in/out's check out all my pics here....

http://airpoppoff.sparklyfresh.com/eclipse

all of the ones that say FMIC in the name are it

Thanks matt for the pics. I am going to have trim the bumper cover somemore:mad: I just dont like trimming it since its a new bumper with new paint on it. I just ordered new couplers as well since these LB ones I have keep poppinng off.

how is the I/C otherwise, or you cant say yet?
whats the measurement of the core?
I want to get that same I/C, I have a different bumper so hopefully I wont have too much problems with it fitting

Watch out with that FMIC kit. I know some one running a victory kit who has blown the welds twice. He had a local shop reweld and hasnt had any problems yet. I think victory covered the cost though. I am not sure. BTW, his was a 1g kit running 26psi on a 20g.

Originally posted by 92tsiawd84
Watch out with that FMIC kit. I know some one running a victory kit who has blown the welds twice. He had a local shop reweld and hasnt had any problems yet. I think victory covered the cost though. I am not sure. BTW, his was a 1g kit running 26psi on a 20g.

Actually its a Spearco core, but I used Victory's Short Route Piping Intercooler Pipes. The Intercooler has made a pretty big difference on the 16g. I also found a hole on the top of my Stock Intercooler, so I had a pretty big boost leak. As soon as the new couplers come in from RRE, I should have a track time with the new setup. On the butt dyno it feels really good, until a IC pipes blows off because of the cheap couplers I have.

Originally posted by 92tsiawd84
Spearco but I think victory welds on the end tanks.

I bought it seperate from another vender and it happened to be the same size as the Victory core so I got there pipes from them. Victory didnt weld the end tanks. Even if they did, this is the first bad thing I have heard of them.

Originally posted by DSMTurbos
yeah i remember when that car blew out the welds at the shootout (if that is who your talking about)

No kidding and it was Victory Intercooler?

It was John Shepherd that blew the welds on his intercooler and intake manifold at the shootout, and it was due to a nitrous backfire, which will blow the welds on a LOT of shit. John uses a Buschur race core on his car. I believe Jeff Hill took apart his race car that night in order to get Johns car running again for the Sunday Event. The DSM Community rocks!

I'm sorry to say...but I only have negative things to say about my piping kit from VP...it sux...well not any more.

The pipe consisted of 5pieces...needs 6, because it doesn't have a pipe to bend up to the turbo... also the pipe with the BOV, it hit the shift linkage and was too long causing the whole upper half to not work...then I needed custom stuff made for the lower because none of the piping worked right, especially without the needed 90.

But the IC is a spearco core 24x10x3...mine is the Super street version...and I think it is 24x10x3 but it might be 24x12x3...I'd have to measure it.

Cooling, it does a great job..I was just very unimpressed with their "kit" and will continue to say so as they would not credit me the 350-400 it cost to have everything that needed to be custom fabed done...and I bought the kit through Mike at DSS, and he did the Refabricating, he talked to them but they still wouldn't do anything...I try not to by Victory part now...and so far haven't bought another.

Again...it is a great Intercooler though

Originally posted by TwoLiterV8Eater
It was John Shepherd that blew the welds on his intercooler and intake manifold at the shootout, and it was due to a nitrous backfire, which will blow the welds on a LOT of shit. John uses a Buschur race core on his car. I believe Jeff Hill took apart his race car that night in order to get Johns car running again for the Sunday Event. The DSM Community rocks!

No, this is another incident at the shootout. It was a MN dsmer with, like stated above a 20g turbo and a vp fmic. He was very angry to say the least, he did it down milan avenue i believe, with just a steady roll into boost (i am pretty sure that is what happened). When he finally saw what happened and found the spot it was really bad, we where all amazed.

Originally posted by 13secGST
I'm sorry to say...but I only have negative things to say about my piping kit from VP...it sux...well not any more.

The pipe consisted of 5pieces...needs 6, because it doesn't have a pipe to bend up to the turbo... also the pipe with the BOV, it hit the shift linkage and was too long causing the whole upper half to not work...then I needed custom stuff made for the lower because none of the piping worked right, especially without the needed 90.

But the IC is a spearco core 24x10x3...mine is the Super street version...and I think it is 24x10x3 but it might be 24x12x3...I'd have to measure it.

Cooling, it does a great job..I was just very unimpressed with their "kit" and will continue to say so as they would not credit me the 350-400 it cost to have everything that needed to be custom fabed done...and I bought the kit through Mike at DSS, and he did the Refabricating, he talked to them but they still wouldn't do anything...I try not to by Victory part now...and so far haven't bought another.

I agree it should be 6 pieces, I had to make a U pipe for the turbo to the IC pipes.

Man you guys bi*** alot.

The intercooler pipes would fit fine, have you'all had the right turbo setup.

Get a 90^ welded on your turbo, you'd be fine. If you have a 16g, then get the appropriate J-pipe.

Needless to say, I've heard of quite a few FMIC's blowing welds lately, buy from someone reputable, or make it yourself.

Originally posted by 13secGST

Damn, that doesn't sound like much of a kit. Especially since you gotta weld a 90 deg elbow on your turbo. That's like saying, "Buy this FMIC kit. It comes with the IC core and sheetmetal for the end tanks. You weld it together."

I got the PSI street core on my car and it rocks! Everything fitted perfect w/ no interference problems. I installed it at home w/ my hand tools in a day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back