The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Victim of a careless driver (crash pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxness

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2011
Chesapeake, Virginia
I was in Miami for the weekend to have my car re-tuned. I was driving down a highway and slowed down to pull into the median to make a u-turn. This retard decided he didn't want to pay attention that day and slammed right into the back of me going about 65mph. There weren't even any tire marks where he tried to brake at the last second.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

His car:

He towed his away, mine was drivable. He was found completely at fault and got a ticket for careless driving.

Some more pictures of my damage:

The insurance adjuster is meeting me at the body shop tomorrow. I'm not too worried about him trying to total it, my insurance company told me the totalled value of my car is just north of $19,800 because of my covered aftermarket parts. So she WILL be fixed, and the entire car is getting fresh paint. :thumb:

Last edited:
Jax say it ain't so! This made me shed a tear. I am very glad that it will fixed. And even if she is totaled, 20k is a decent payout. Glad you are ok!

I don't care what court I have to drag an insurance company through, she is NOT being totalled, she's worth more to me than $20k. She will live to see the track and daily driven use again.

Geico asked for a list of all the parts I wanted to insure and the purchase price for each.

That sucks. I always fear this, especially since I DD mine in a college town. I don't really know what to do about insurance, because it would be totaled out at $500 even tho it is a nice 1g.

Glad everything should turn out okay.

One more reason to love DSMs.. I have yet to see a picture of a 2g that is in horrendous shape after an accident.

And no I don't need to see one if you have one. :p

Damn, lucky he just caught the rear quarter panel, could of been a lot worse. Glad your okay also! Can't recall how many people I see while on patrol that get rear ended and have some severe injuries from impact.

Glad you are ok! That is great that you actually covered all of your aftermarket parts! Nice work!

How much extra per month was that

If I remember correctly... an extra $10-15? Thats the number I remember when I was only insuring my GST. I pay $120/month for full coverage on my GST, my husband's Evo and an n/a Spyder now.

If I remember correctly... an extra $10-15? Thats the number I remember when I was only insuring my GST. I pay $120/month for full coverage on my GST, my husband's Evo and an n/a Spyder now.

That's just ridiculous... :cry::cry::cry:

Sad to see! Why does your insurance have to pay for this? Since he was at fault wouldn't it be his insurances responsibility to cover the cost?

The way my last accident went when I got rear ended in the DSM was like that. My insurance took care of it and they billed the other insurance. Not sure if supposed to be that way or not but it worked LOL.

The way my last accident went when I got rear ended in the DSM was like that. My insurance took care of it and they billed the other insurance. Not sure if supposed to be that way or not but it worked LOL.

Yeah, that's how it usually works.

Strangely enough, I was rear-ended a few years ago while sitting at a red light. Not my fault obviously..... However, when it was time to write up a new policy my premium went up because of it (I had no other accidents or infractions). Their reasoning was because I was involved in an accident (even though I was not at fault) it was an indicator that I would likely be in more accidents? WTF

That insurance company is Geico. My parents had Geico when I was little and they had nothing nice to say about them and switched as soon as they could.

Yeah, that's how it usually works.

Strangely enough, I was rear-ended a few years ago while sitting at a red light. Not my fault obviously..... However, when it was time to write up a new policy my premium went up because of it (I had no other accidents or infractions). Their reasoning was because I was involved in an accident (even though I was not at fault) it was an indicator that I would likely be in more accidents? WTF

That insurance company is Geico. My parents had Geico when I was little and they had nothing nice to say about them and switched as soon as they could.

Same exact thing happened to me, it went up and it wasn't my fault and I did not receive a citation for it. Oh well...

I was originally going to go through the other party's insurance, but their adjuster's offer of $2,500 was insulting so I told him to shove it up his ass. I'm going to have my insurance company take care of it then they can duke it out with them to get their money back.

I was originally going to go through the other party's insurance, but their adjuster's offer of $2,500 was insulting so I told him to shove it up his ass. I'm going to have my insurance company take care of it then they can duke it out with them to get their money back.

Your insurance will probably be the best bet. Best of luck and keep me posted.

Progressive is where its at.. My dad wrecked his $25k Boss Hoss. Came over a knoll into a sharp right hand turn, came up too quick couldnt stop in time, ended up hitting his buddy who had a passenger. All three were hurt, the passenger was even med flighted. His fault. Totaled the bike, bought it back for 9k before the insurance totaled the title so its still a good title, parts 11k and rebuilt it. Cheapest company that would insure it afterwards was progressive FOR EVEN LESS THAN BEFORE!!

Jax, like I said on Facebook. I think the best bet would be let them total it. Buy it back for cheap, buy a nice AWD shell and swap your stuff into it. Save yourself from doing the swap yourself. Thats just me though. Hope all works out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back