The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

vibrant muffler fitment issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dxc545

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2011
Machias, Washington
So I Just got my vibrant muffler installed sounds great, but the guy who welded it said he couldn't get it to sit back any further with the 3 inch exhaust. The muffler itself is flush with the bumper but the tips stick out more then I hoped. Has anyone had fitment issues? Its almost the same size as stock and I kinda wanted to keep the stock look

Attachments

• 20130407_170132.jpg
    20130407_170132.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 20130406_163856.jpg
    20130406_163856.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 20130406_163914.jpg
    20130406_163914.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 265
Don't get what the welder guy meant. Looks like there is plenty of room to mount the muffler where tips are flush with the bumper and muffler itself is hidden underneath.

Its not the muffler's fault. The muffler did nothing wrong. Its whom ever you used to install it. I'm sure they could have cut the piping back more or make some "japandrels" to get a better fitment.

I'd be disappointed in that too. I have the same muffler that I'm thinking about getting welded on. I just want to find a good place to do it and I'm worried about the sound.

How does it sound by the way?

I think he was afraid of it hitting the frame but its at least 3 inches from it. I'll just fix it myself later. It was a huge improvement from my ebay srs fart can, no more ridiculous cabin drone and more engine noise. I'd recommend :thumb:

I am having this same issue. From the back of the muffler to the tip is 23 inches. The muffler will hit the rear subframe if installed. I would hate to go back to N1 style but I may have no choice. Not giving up though as I see vibrant has the black 3 inch inlet with the dual tips and it is 20 inches back to tip.

I've got the exact same muffler on my car and I love it. I got my welded such that the tips sit flush with the bumper. Like a few others have suggested, where the tips end up has nothing to do with the muffler and everything to do with where it's welded upstream.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back