The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

VERY weird power lock issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyDeKilla

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 13, 2008
Fremont, California
so this entire time I have had my car I just thought the power locks did not work. well when I was fiddling around in the parking lot today I noticed if i hold the button down in the UNLOCK position for 7 SECONDS and then let go the locks will unlock. Anything less than 7 seconds and nothing happens except for a tick. and the lock part does not work at all. not even a tick sound. also, my passenger window will roll down but not up. replaced the motor and regulator and had all the wiring checked but could not find cause. could both possibly be the window switch? or neither be the window switch?

ideas are very appreciated!

water might have gotten into the master switch area and caused some problems, happened in my moms honda and she had to replace the switch box on the door.

SOLVED. found out after looking more into detail that the cap-like thing that goes over the key insert was off and stuck in unlock. so it was overriding the switch and not allowing it to lock the doors. fixed the cap-like thing to neutral and the power locks work just fine. the below picture is the cap-like thing I am referring to.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back