The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Very Sad news about PurpleHaze!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplehazetsi

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2002
Berlin, Connecticut
About 4 months ago i was driving my 91 AWD and all of a sudden i started to grind going into gear. So i pulled out my tranny and sent it to Triple Digit Motorsports here in CT. That was about April. Well today is June 9th and the tranny still lays in the box at TDM in the same condition as it was in April. Anyways TDM went out of Bissiness and i got put in a very bad situation. the Estimated parts was about 300 bucks to fix. I went to pay today for just the parts, and my bill was like 700 bucks... so im very upset right now. i have waited 4 god damn months and now i have to take my tranny to another place and this is p!ssing me off like big time. Does anyone know what the price just of 1-2 gears and syncros was? i have a feeling i got my pants pulled down and RAPPED!

Why do You need to replace the gears. Usually its just the syncros
that need replacement. Especially if you took the tranny out as soon
as it started to grind.

I dont know how much a complete set (gear and syncro) is, but when
I recently rebuild my tranny, I spent about $350 for all new syncros,
bearings, springs, keys and 1-2 and 3-4 shift forks.

Try giving TRE a call thats where I got all my part from.

A buddy of mine has a ford ranger he was getting bagged at a local place, they had his truck for I think like 8 months. I think they even moved locations a couple of times while the had it. when they finnaly got it done they went out of buisness that day or a couple of days later. His truck was a hack job when he got it back. His uncle who works on air rides for semi's worked on it for a couple of week before it would even work rite. Sorry bout your tranny, and i can feel your pain.:(

1st&2nd Hub & sleave with syncros about a $100.00
3rd&4th Hub & sleave with syncros about a $90.00
The gears are about $50.00 each

Let me know if you need part numbers and where to get them. These are genuine mitsu parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back