The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Very high Airflowperrev and ISCposition

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volkri25

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 4, 2008
Tempe, Arizona
In my idle log my Airflowperrev is around .40 when it should be around .25. I am running BC 272 cams and that should raise it a little from .25. Also my ISC position should be at 30 and its at 70. Is this adjustable. The car was profesionally tuned but seems like the idle and cruising wasnt tuned that well. WOT was tuned great, can pull 30 psi with no knock.

Any help would be appreciated.

*i adjusted my deadtime to about 600usecs and my SD/VE table in that idle range to 39 which seems rather low. Starts out around 55. However doing both these got my CombinedFT and Airflowperrev to around 0 and .29.

here is the log

Attachments

• idlelog.elg
    288.7 KB · Views: 96
Adjust your BISS screw to the point where your ISCPosition shows a value of 30. This should bring you to near .25 gm/rev. If your ISC is ut of adjustment,then youll have a high airflowperrev number

Adjust your BISS screw to the point where your ISCPosition shows a value of 30. This should bring you to near .25 gm/rev. If your ISC is ut of adjustment,then youll have a high airflowperrev number

Are you doing this with the engine running WITHOUT grounding out the computer and diagnostic pins?

Are you doing this with the engine running WITHOUT grounding out the computer and diagnostic pins?

Yes,engine needs to be running and at the operating temperature 196+ degrees. turn the Biss one way ,wait couple mins and check the ISCPosition. if its not getting closer to 30,then turn the biss other way.Rad fans needS to be off.If they are on, adjust the Biss to the point,where the ISCPosition will show the value of ~ 34-36. You don't need to ground Anything.....

Just to throw this out there so people with bigger cams will not struggle trying to dial in those setup, an airflowperrev of .25-.28 is more geared to stockish/less aggressive cams at a lower idle.
With some bigger cams you should expect a bigger afpr depending on the brand. A raised idle will also result in different readings. With my Kelford 280's I'm right around .36-.38 at 1000rpm with combined fuel trims +/- 2%..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back