The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Venting or recirculating bov?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agll30

Proven Member
Aug 25, 2014
Beaverton, Oregon
Hi I've been trying to figure out if my blitz bov is venting or recirculating. I've searched and found a couple but I'm still confused, so I figured I ask, that way I'm not guessing if it's venting or recirculating. Previous owner also blocked off a hose from the intake, that I think connects to the bov, but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    881.3 KB · Views: 391
You will run rich when shifting but only when the boost is past the "0" mark. Otherwise, the bov will not open, it has no pressure differential. The bigger worry is that you have a leak or its not set properly and you start either A: sucking air when idling or cruising or B: blowing air out while in boost.
A results in a lean condition while B results in a rich condition
This ONLY applies if the bov is worn out or misadjusted otherwise you can run vented and the consequence is a very momentary rich condition between shifts, again, only while in boost.

having said all that I always recommend to recirc if you can. If its not possible then so be it.

To answer about the smog test, yes, i think it could very well fail you.

Alright I appreciate the info!! I prefer to recirculate, than to suffer performance. Is there a way I can recirculate the blitz bov I have? Will a 1g bov work with my piping, it's a greddy uicp I believe.

Alright I appreciate the info!! I prefer to recirculate, than to suffer performance. Is there a way I can recirculate the blitz bov I have? Will a 1g bov work with my piping, it's a greddy uicp I believe.
First you'll need a recirculate adapter. They make them. Basically you unbolt the outlet and replace it with one that has a little flanged pipe piece on it. Then, unbolt your BOV and flip it around the other way so it faces forward. Then, pop that plug out of your recirculate pipe and put it on the BOV and clamp it down.

First you'll need a recirculate adapter. They make them. Basically you unbolt the outlet and replace it with one that has a little flanged pipe piece on it. Then, unbolt your BOV and flip it around the other way so it faces forward. Then, pop that plug out of your recirculate pipe and put it on the BOV and clamp it down.
I've researched and couldn't find a blitz bov recirculating, some people eve said they don't make a blitz bov or recirculating only venting. Will a 1g or evo 9 bov fit on mine with a greddy uicp I have? Will I need a flange to bolt it on? Previous owner didn't care for this car.

So will the 1g bov bolt on with no further modifications to the uicp? Does mitsu sell the gasket for the 1g bov?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back