The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Vented Carbon Fiber hood or DSMLink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollywood_ikr

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 17, 2006
el paso, Texas
So I finally got the insurance check from the accident I was in. I've already replaced the bumper and headlights so my car is 90% repaired (paint aside) with the exception of the hood. I planned on going with the EVO style vented hood so I can lower engine temps a bit, however I can now afford the DSMLink V3 full version with speed density. I'm torn between the two.. What do you guys think I should buy?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Link.

I had a cf hood on my old eclipse before I got rid of it, the car sat outside and hail cracked it. Yes the weight savings was nice, but it was a hastle to deal with imo.

If you are going to do a junk yard hood, do it clean but you can cut vents out to help with cooling if that's what your are concerned about. I think it's called the "gray forrest" mod or something along those lines.

Link, Link, Link... By far. Honestly I knew what it did before i had it but never understood just how useful it was going to turn out to be... get it and you will definitely not regret it.

I don't think it's even necessary for me to say it, but what the hell...

Go with Link. It should be the first thing someone buys/does to it's car IMO, right after maintenance.

you could do the v3 lite and a wideband for the price of a carbonfiber hood. that would be my vote

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back