The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Venom chip

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfamousEclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 11, 2003
Tri- Cities (c³), Washington
I have not looked into chips at all but we have a Venom chip in wheel deals for my 96 RS and they want $50. Should I go for it or not? need quick replies

Well I guess I do not know how to listen because I just baught it. Come on, what else for $50 would help my car at all? A couple neon tubes?

It costs like $300 new so even if it does the slightes thing, it is worth it.

Without making fun of me for "wasting my money" do you guys know where I can get instalation instructions? Also I can't find a place to mount it. The only place I see is on the plastic around my battery but I doubt that's safe.

I know I got some negative replies about it being a waste but thats cool, thats why I posted. But, I did buy it so what will help now is, info on how to install that shit. PLEASE

don't do it b/c it will send false information to your ecu. venom shit doesn't do anything. it just makes your car think it's at 100% throttle when it's at 50% but when you are at 100% throttle it doesn't do shit. you just wasted 50 bucks for not listening. try not to be so stubburn and listen to what others say. it'll save your car from becoming worthless. think about it.
later

Originally posted by shuwa29
don't do it b/c it will send false information to your ecu. venom shit doesn't do anything. it just makes your car think it's at 100% throttle when it's at 50% but when you are at 100% throttle it doesn't do shit. you just wasted 50 bucks for not listening. try not to be so stubburn and listen to what others say. it'll save your car from becoming worthless. think about it.
later

So will it screw my car up? How can they sell soooo many for so damn much, if they dont even help in the slightest bit?

I was told at the least, it gives me better gas milage, $50 would be worth that.

how are you going to get better gas mileage when it's telling your car you're flowing more air and lower throttle?
more air = more fuel
more fuel = loss of gas mileage
you can sell anything as long as there is a market. how else do you think apc sells so much shit. people are dumb enough to buy their stuff. true i have their side markers but almost all of 2g's have them. just try to think about what you're doing.
later

I would not install it either. It won't make anything seriously wrong, but it will fool your ECU. It tells your car that you have the throttle down 75% when it's really only 50%.

so "fooling my ECU" wont harm my engine, nor will it make it perform any better? Just kind of a pointless mod? I am cool throwin $50 away, since you really can't get anyhnit for $50 anyway.

I allready have it so I may aswell install it, where do I get the instructions?

would have gotten your stock throttle body bored out, new filter for your car, some really good headlight bubls (not pep boys brand), better brake pads, etc...there's $50 well spent.
later

Allright, you made your point you disagree with the chip, thats what the thread is for to get info......... BUT I allready baught the chip so if you actually wish to help and not waste your time replying, what I need now is instructions to install it. Because out Local shop Option R(ipoff) wants $80 to do it

BUT I allready baught the chip so if you actually wish to help and not waste your time replying, what I need now is instructions to install it. Because out Local shop Option R(ipoff) wants $80 to do it

So you spent 50 bucks and knew it was going to be going down the drain. Why not spend 80 more?

Originally posted by 98RedGs

So you spent 50 bucks and knew it was going to be going down the drain. Why not spend 80 more?

Ha, damn you guys are being soooooooo difficult. I posted the topic, asked the guys at a local shop, asked my friend, didnt wanna miss the chance and I got it, didnt know it was "worthless" till I got back on here cuz all my friends and everyone I talked to at Option R and Trick it said go 4 it.

Originally posted by allwheelTSI
buying a venom chip,Option R,Trick It... oh my god,please sell your DSM and go buy a honda,you're giving us a bad name.

STFU I was unaware I had control over the names of our Local Shops, that makes me an idiot? People post on a message board to give/and get help, you guys aren't just wasting my time, your wasting your own so whats the point

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back