The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink VE maxed out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kdubya88

Probationary Member
Oct 23, 2019
mays landing, New_Jersey
Is there anything in the ECU that could cause ECMlink to not properly deliver fuel? The fuel system is 100% and pressure is building 1:1. My first tuning session ended early due to a fuel problem. I repaired the issue (bad pick up line in tank) replaced the 525lph pump anyway, replaced all fuel filters, replaced diaphram in my Aeromotive AFPR and sent my FIC 2150's back to FIC to be cleaned. Second tuning session went much better but the tuner had to let off early every time until he maxed out the VE table and still the car would begin to go lean.
I have a Walbro 525lph, -8 feed and -6 return, -8 fuelab filter w/ 10micron paper, jmfab rail, and fic 2150cc. (2.3l with a divided BW363 at 21psi)
A while back i had a surge that blew my CDI box, while jump starting the car with a NOCO jumpbox, car idled fine after bypassing the CDI, however no tuning or WOT had been done yet.

I'm in the same situation and am watching my FP plummet under load. Same setup (almost) as yours. I just went to AN line from the pump to the filter/rail today (not done yet) to check that issue off the list so i am watching this thread particularly close.
Good luck, I've done everything you have also. Replaced every single thing......

My pressure is holding and increasing as it should. My wideband and the dyno WB read very close to each other but neither is reacting to the VE changes in ECMlink.

And a global change makes no difference or was that tried also?

Global changes work. Its weird. Tuner seems to think its ECU related, he said my VE is to high across the board and maxxed out up high and it still wants to go over 12:1 on wot so he has to let off early.

Ill see what is in there tomorrow, the dyno logs would be on the tuners computer, but ill check the global and some other pertinent stuff. I trust whatever he had done or tried though, its a reputable tuner and has tons of dsm experience. I'm more wondering if there is drivers, chips, caps, resistors, etc in the ECU specific to fuel delivery that could have possibly failed when the jumpbox cooked my CDI.

You want max of 100 VE give or take. Sounds like injectors are set wrong. I know ECM link says something like -68 or something for 2150cc on e85, But most of the cars i tune in reality end up around -58. I have 525 pump with bulkhead -6 feed stock return. I have ran as high as 37psi on a 62mm and 70lb/min when fuel press started to drop witch would be about right for the 525 pump to be dropping off. I base my injector global off what it takes for VE table to hit 100 VE.

I need to reinstall my Tcase and driveshaft before i can make a 3rd gear pull log. They were taken out for the 2wd dyno (center diff is welded).

Pump 93
Global fuel is currently -75.4
Global DT 0
Inj.BatteryAdj.
7v. 1828
9v. 1328
12v. 1088
14v. 908
16v. 818
19v. 663
Loadscale -87.1 (2.3l)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back