The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinscho

Proven Member
Jun 16, 2017
Bangor, Pennsylvania
There's one thing that I absolutely HATE about driving my car in the rain... The windshield wiper speed selections.

This is what I'm working with:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Off/non-adjustable intermittent/low/high

I constantly find myself having to turn the wipers off and on as the intermittent speed is never where I need it to be. That leads me to my question...

Is it possible to just remove this selector and install the variable speed selector with the rotational speed adjustments from a GST/X? I could easily get my hands on one, I just don't want to disassemble everything just to find out it won't work properly.

So you have an RS as i bekieve they only came on the very base model, wiring might be there to do a direct plug and play swap over, it should be a cheap buy to find out but you may need to install a relay in the fuse holder to make it work

So you have an RS as i bekieve they only came on the very base model, wiring might be there to do a direct plug and play swap over, it should be a cheap buy to find out but you may need to install a relay in the fuse holder to make it work

Nope... Spyder GS..

That being said.. where would the relay be? Fuse holder on the inside of the car I presume? Like I said, I know I can pick one up fairly cheap (Performance Partout has them listed online for $20.. they're a 25 min drive for me to go pick it up..). I'd like to know what else, if anything, will be involved in making the swap.

How bizare its a GS and has this, maybe its a spyder thing,

The other parts i dont know, all i can say is check the wiring diagram for the spyder vs a gst/x and if they match then i would like to say the wiring is the same for the wiper, because its a staged intermittant then i am guessing a 2nd relay will be used for that, i dont know where the relays are on the spyder but if the one under the dash is the same i believe i hear mine clicking from that so i say check that box to see if its listed and not installed

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back