The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Valve Seals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Saint~

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2002
Las_Vegas_NV
How much does it cost to usually repair these? (1g gs) Guy said he would do it for me for $300. My friggin car can be a smoker sometimes. Thoughts?

-Does he just replace the valve seals or also take the head off and do a valve job? The seal can be replace without removing the head.

-With the right tools, I would say under 3 hrs for 16 valves, those seals aren't expensive, I think ~$2 each.

I can't do anything myself. I'm sure the parts aren't all that expensive, I just wanted to know that basing on what the guy was charging me for labor and all, wondering if it's a bad deal or not.

-Since I'm not a real mechanic, I don't know what the rate is, get an quote from other shops.

Max time should be about 2 hours. Not a hard job at all! To bad your not in my area I would give you a hell of a deal and show you step by step on how it's done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back