The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

valve cover oil issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newdsmtnr96

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
I have a few questions. Some of you know i have had alot of issues with my car. I been having one sense i turbo the car. When i get to about 6000 rpms and boost's to about 10 psi. Oil squirts from out of the valve cover hole. If i plug it , my dipstick will pop out. If i put a paper towel in the hole it will work until I'm really getting on it and flooring it. Do any of you turbo people have the same issue? I can show you a picture. I put a filter on it before and it worked for a while.

:ps: i will be getting a new valve cover with the little tube that comes out of the vc. I cant hook this up to a vac-line.

Lance

Oh yeah and one other question.. This winter i want to "pretty up" my motor. Will the turbo manifold hold up to powder coating? Any one know?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I am not familiar with that hole or the 420a engine. But we usually put on a bigger oil filter, will help with lowering your oil pressure so stuff doesn't pop out all over the place.

Thanks man. I just did a oil change today. Put 10w 50 in there helped a little. Its hot out and its going to get alot hotter. So i decided to get a thick oil. That did a little better but yeah. Seems like my motor gets really hot so ima try to step down to a lower temp Thermo also.

the problem is probably either your PCV valve or your motor is making some major blowby..
To keep your dipstick from popping out you can crimp the tube but if its coming out badly I'd say it might be time for a new motor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back