The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Valve Cover ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylersmith2014

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2012
Arlington, Texas
anyone have any cool valve cover paint or polish ideas. I am thinking about painting or polishing mine but i dont know if i should go with a solid color or try to do a design. post some pictures or throw some ideas out there and when I decide and do mine Ill post it!!;):cool::dsm::mrt:

thats baddass, I have the same VC with and did my mitsubishi logo red, but mine is silver.

i was on the fence about a silve VC and black lettering or the way i did it. the flat black won over the silver due to not liking any silvers i had LOL. i just sanded the shit outta the letters LOL

I like this

I used the VHT wrinkle coat (specifically made for valve covers) after shaving it down to give the vc some texture/
Great thing about this stuff is you don't have to shave it down so that everything is perfectly flat and smooth. Hides all sorts of imperfections ;)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm planning on picking up an extra valve cover (one that doesn't have cracked spark plug cover holes) and I want to go with a lighter blue theme for my engine bay. I like the idea of blue VC with the lettering still showing the original color.

Just a quick question: To those of you who have aftermarket oil caps, where did you get them from?

Pearl

Here's the only picture I have at work of my shaved lines and modified DOHC 2000 to say DOHC 2.0. And as someone requested BLUE. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
this is what I have, transparent red VC it's pretty cool but seems to me that I'm going to change it to a candy teal.

OMGWTFWASTEGATEPIPE????

i polished the letters and hit it with some vht wrinkle coat, badass stuff!!

shave the letters before it fully drys then wipe the leftover off carefully with a rag and some paint thinner

yeah but I just cant see spending that kinda money for billet vc.

I used Dupli color caliper paint. Dupli-Color :: Caliper Paint

I got it in the brush on version and put it in a spray gun. I used the same paint on my calipers, engine block, Cas cover, and accessory brackets as well. A little ### bling color matching. ROFL I don't know how well it would do in the rattle can but probably decent.

I did sandblast everything so it had a nice surface to grab on to. And before I get slammed I took my valve cover baffle out and after blasting and painting I reinstalled it. This is how I did that. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...emoval-reinstallation-valve-cover-baffle.html :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back