The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Valve cover guru's help needed inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prib9671

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 9, 2009
Rathdrum, Idaho
I just got done welding up -10an fittings on my valve cover and I was cleaning it out and noticed something was wrong. I found that there is a divider wall inside under the baffling that separates the one side with the PCV valve and the other side that the breather hose is hooked up to going to the intake pipe. My predicament is that I did not know that this divider existed so now I have both fittings plumbed into the 1(front) battled section so basically the other baffled section to the PCV valve will not be functional. Will this be okay with all the pressure needing to escape on just the one side, or do I need to redo it on another valve cover with one fitting per baffled section? I have a doodle showing what I am trying to explain below. I have another valve cover handy I was just hoping I wouldn't have to go through the work of reshaving it and rewelding new fittings on again. See pictures below. Any input would be appreciated thank you!

Attachments

• 2013-08-18 19.26.50.jpg
    2013-08-18 19.26.50.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 2013-08-18 19.27.13.jpg
    2013-08-18 19.27.13.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 2013-08-18 19.27.30.jpg
    2013-08-18 19.27.30.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 142
  • PicsArt_1376884355105.jpg
    PicsArt_1376884355105.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 124
To be completely honest, all the baffling still just leads to the crankcase. It's not really separated. You'll be fine.

Ya I understand what you you're saying, that makes sense that pressure will be even throughout and escape. It looks like there are 3 openings leading into the front baffling and only 1 opening for the back (PCV) but it looks like there are little shrouds that protrude downward over particular cam lobes. Is that just to prevent mass amounts of oil going into the baffling? Maybe I'm reading into it too much but it doesn't make sense to me why they designed it unevenly...

Your set up is fine. The baffeling is mainly there to prevent a lot of oil going threw the PCV and breather. The pressure should be uniform throughout the VC.

By the way, your VC looks good! Although I wouldn't want to clean it! That wrinkle looks like it would hold on to ever last bit of dirt!

Your set up is fine. The baffeling is mainly there to prevent a lot of oil going threw the PCV and breather. The pressure should be uniform throughout the VC.

By the way, your VC looks good! Although I wouldn't want to clean it! That wrinkle looks like it would hold on to ever last bit of dirt!

Thanks for your input, I'm just gonna run it how it is. I've had valve covers done with wrinkle like this before and it seems to be very durable so you can press pretty hard when scrubing it but surprisingly doesn't hold in that much dirt. Its super cheap and easy to use too!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back