The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Vacuum source

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanzomg

Proven Member
May 18, 2015
melrose park, Illinois
Question guys. I am running an external WG with vacuum/boost source running to throttle body NIPPLE VACCUM . Should it be ran this way or would it be better off at the intake manifold?

Would the effects of this be lag?
I was thinking of drilling compressor housing with a 1/8 NPT... any write ups on that

Question guys. I am running an external WG with vacuum/boost source running to throttle body NIPPLE VACCUM . Should it be ran this way or would it be better off at the intake manifold?

Would the effects of this be lag?
I was thinking of drilling compressor housing with a 1/8 NPT... any write ups on that
Ate you running a boost controller? Your wg should have 2 lines. One normaly comes from the compressor housing/jpipe. And the other comes from your boost controller. Or it can possibly be open if no controller is being used. It depends on your setup. You want the lines to be short as possible.

I am unfamiliar with the throttle body ports. If I recall the "P" port is the one. But one port on the wg goes to the jpipe/compressor and the other goes from the gate to the boost controller. I would not use the throttle body for this type of thing.
I don’t not have a J pipe, I’ve got a downfiring turbo with no fitting on compressor housing. Would tapping the intercooler pipe that joins down firing housing be appropriate ?

I don’t not have a J pipe, I’ve got a downfiring turbo with no fitting on compressor housing. Would tapping the intercooler pipe that joins down firing housing be appropriate ?
Yes, just grab a 3/8npt barb from the hardeare store and drill/tap the intercooler pipe.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back