The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Vacuum sensor thingies on firwall

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjd6795

Proven Member
May 14, 2014
Wilsonville, Oregon
Just curious as to what these are for? I notice I don't have any vacuum lines running to them but the sensors are still connected.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200312-203234_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-203234_Gallery.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 101
Yeah no worries if it's under 5k miles a year. It might throw a code if you dont have a tuning software like ecmlink to ignore emission stuff.
Interesting.. I do get a code while cruising around 2k rpm mostly above 60mph. It will only stay on for a second then dissapear. Nothing saves to spending codes or stays on long enough to read. Could this be what's causing that?

Pontentially. Both solenoids are for the EGR system. One controls the vacuums off the EGR valve itself, and the other controls the vacuum nipples off the throttle body. As long as you leave them electrically connected, it will not store a permanent CEL code on the dash. I have it the same way, disconnected from the vacuums but connected with the plugs. Every so often I get a pending code related to the emissions but it clears itself out.

Also not sure what the 5k miles per year has to do with keeping them on.

He answered that above a bit better then I could as for my emission solenoids been deleted for quite some time now. I could definitely see it causing a code to come and go. 5k miles or less and emissions dont matter you can straight pipe etc.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back