The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Vacuum/MAP Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Jacks Hands

Proven Member
Sep 10, 2019
Fairfax, Virginia
So I have been looking through my recently purchased car, and I am noticing a lot of weird 'modifications' I don't trust or fully understand. I am having issues with vacuum lines and my MAP. I will attached some pictures from my phone shortly. Basically, the MAP has a vacuum line attached to something that I do not recognize what it is. Is this vacuum line location ok? If it isn't, I know where to tap the MAP into, but where do I replace the line to the part I am unfamiliar with? Also, I took a few pictures of lines deleted and wanted to confirm they are ok to be deleted. I attempted reading the 1g vacuum line diagram and didn't understand it. Any help would be appreciated, bought the car the way it is and trying to bring back some glory.

The first image if they stayed in order is the map and it's line, second is where the line ties into, it is behind the intake manifold under the cables. The rest are lines I have questions about their functionality, including if one needs to tie into the BOV. Thank you again.

Attachments

• 20190911_190543.jpg
    20190911_190543.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 20190911_192059.jpg
    20190911_192059.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • 20190911_190557.jpg
    20190911_190557.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
  • 20190911_190551.jpg
    20190911_190551.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
Haha yes I understand. I broke the camera in training. I will borrow another phone and get updated pictures tomorrow. Thank you for the response.

Upon further look. I can tell u that pic 3. The hose from the Intake manifold goes to the top vacuum port on your bov.
Other than that I cant tell so quote me when u upload better pics please and I'll try to help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back