The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved 2G Vacuum Line??? Where does it go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iloveboost

Proven Member
Jul 25, 2014
Vacaville, California
Where does this vacuum line go and would the fact that it is not attached cause a CEL to come on? I recently installed a defective MBC (Ebay piece of junk), this required me to unhook the SBC and then the CEL light came on. Is this normal to get a CEL with a MBC? In any case I was having problems with the MBC so I hooked the SBC back up and the CEL stayed. I figured that maybe the CEL will stay until I drive it around a bit but I have put several hundreds miles on it and the CEL is still on. I have already ordered an OBDII bluetooth adapter and plan on checking the code but I found this loose vacuum line and I am wondering if it is the problem. It looks like it comes through the firewall right about where the glove box would be. Where does it go? And can it be my CEL problem?

Attachments

• 2015-01-02 14.10.44.jpg
    2015-01-02 14.10.44.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 2015-01-02 14.11.20.jpg
    2015-01-02 14.11.20.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 104
Solution
Uhhh looks like window washer hose to me. If you disconnected your stock wastegate solenoid from the wired plug in, that will throw a code. Plug it back in, but you can still have an MBC without a code.
What is sbc? Do you mean the stock boost control solenoid under the air filter area? That would give you a cel because the ecu see's that its unplugged. I would just disconnect the battery for a little while and the cel should be gone when your reconnect the battery. I'm thinking that vacuum line was probably from an in-cabin boost controller?

Is the hose looping through the firewall twice? Its hard to tell where its coming from in the pic, but It definitely is not stock.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back