The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 2G Vacuum line help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Fitzgerald

Probationary Member
Dec 21, 2020
Corinth, Mississippi
Need some help guys. I bought this car and previous owners had pulled all turbo components off the car. Installing a new 16g turbo and aftermarket inner cooler.

I'm new to these turbo engines. I have the BOV vacuum hooked to the intake, with a "T" to the wastegate. Probably wrong. (I have not tried to start engine yet).

Can't seem to locate the stock boost control valve/wastegate solenoid, which ever its called. Car has a stock gauge and it was reading pressure without the turbo installed, so I know it has to be here somewhere. Any idea where?

Also as you can see, the J pipe has a nipple for a vacuum line. Where does it hook to.

Any help or suggestions would be a big help.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 20230401_113148.jpg
    20230401_113148.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230401_113118.jpg
    20230401_113118.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230401_113127.jpg
    20230401_113127.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
The nipple under the jpipe is suppose to go to the waste gate

The boost control solenoid sits on the frame rail under the coolant resevoir/under the mass air sensor

The boost gauge on the dash doesnt really tell boost, to me its more of a throttle response dial, it doesnt actually report a boost signal

Remove the T from the line between the BOV and intake manifold. This should be a dedicated line between those two components.

If you can’t find the boost control solenoid, run a single line between the nipple on the J-pipe you have pictured and the nipple on the wastegate actuator.

All pretty well covered here:

Taboo speed shop vacuum diagram and removal for 1g and 2g.

Last edited:
Need some help guys. I bought this car and previous owners had pulled all turbo components off the car. Installing a new 16g turbo and aftermarket inner cooler.

I'm new to these turbo engines. I have the BOV vaccum hooked to the intake...with a "T" to the wastgate. Probably wrong. (I have not tried to start engine yet).

Can't seem to locate the stock boost control valve/wastegate solenoid, which ever its called. Car has a stock gage and it was reading pressure without the turbo installed, so I know it has to be here somewhere. Any idea where?
If you're thinking boost solenoid feeds thr boost gauge it doesn't. That is not its job.
Also as you can see, the J pipe has a nipple for a vaccum line. Where does it hook to.
Wastegate.
Any help or suggestions would be a big help.

Remove the T from the line between the BOV and intake manifold. This should be a dedicated line between those two components.

If you can’t find the boost control solenoid, run a single line between the nipple on the J-pipe you have pictured and the nipple on the wastegate.

I'm confused Brian.

Update....thanks for all your help guys. This car runs great. I ended up putting a manual boost controller in.
It misses a little at first start, but clears up after about a minute. May have a leaky injector or something. After that she purrs like a kitten and Flys like a bat out of hell.
But you guys helped tremendously.

Thanks

Short lived happiness. Car quit on me driving thru town. Just started sputtering and died. Now when I start it, sounds like it's only running on 1 or 2 cylinders.
Changed plugs...no fix.
While running I unplugged each fuel injector, no changed to engine on 3 of them, last injector killed it.
What are the odds of 3 injectors going out at the same time?(note...these ate the original oem injectors) could the increased horsepower after sitting 15 years kill them?
Any ideas to check?

It’s low. More likely than that they are clogged.

But check that it’s getting fuel at adequate pressure to the rail. If fuel pressure is good, you can rule out the pump and focus more on the injectors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back