The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Vacuum diagram for a 1g in a 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badassgsx

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 12, 2012
gustine, California
Hi guys I have a 1g in a 2g
1g intake and 1g throttle body
My question to you guys is what vacuum diagram should I run? I do have to smog this car

Do I need to run it this way
If you are still running with your EGR, the following will be necessary for proper EGR
It's simple, cap off the E line as well as the angled line (marked A1 or something). Then with a T, split the P line to go to where P and E used to go.

In effect drive the E line, (EGR) with the source from P.

you mean your swapping a 6 bolt into your 2nd gen? what year is the 2nd gen just curious, and cant you look at both diagrams and go from there? id have to look at the link again to see if its possible

You follow the 2G diagrams. The one area you're going to have anything different is going to be at the 1G throttle body which should have an excess of ports on it compared to your 2G, if I recall correctly.

This is what is confusing me
The problem is that the 1G EGR and the 2G EGR are sourced differently inside the throttle body. The 2G EGR has vacuum at idle but the 1G does not. So do I need to run it this way

If you are still running with your EGR, the following will be necessary for proper EGR
It's simple, cap off the E line as well as the angled line (marked A1 or something). Then with a T, split the P line to go to where P and E used to go.

In effect drive the E line, (EGR) with the source from P.
My car is a 1996 gsx thanks guys

You need to figure out which ports on your throttle body are before and after the throttle plate. My diagrams look like they show the '93+ throttle bodies having no ports after the throttle plate, in which case it would not work for 2G emissions and you'd have to figure something else out. The 1991-1992 turbo TBs have a different part number from the 1993-1994 turbo TBs and this may be what it is about.

On a '91-'92 throttle body, one port -- the P port -- should be after the throttle plate. If this is true for your TB, you need to run a length of hose from the port that is after the throttle plate and install a T. One open end of the T will need a length of hose that would go where the E port would have gone originally for your 2G. The other will go where the P port would have gone originally for your 2G. Refer to the diagrams below. As for the A1, A2, and E ports, you should be able to use any of them for the original 2G's A line since they are all before the throttle plate. Whatever you choose there is fine; cap/plug the other two.

Attachments

• 2G_Emissions1GaTB.jpg
    2G_Emissions1GaTB.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 542
Just cap all the lines. All you really need is fpr, bov, boost gauge. you should by now know how to smog test it. With a good tune, you can pass it with flying colors

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back