The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

V8 Muffler on my lil' N/T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj_zero

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
Byram, New_Jersey
I have an 86 Monte Carlo SS being parted out in my driveway that has the same exhaust diameter as my 93 Talon Es (just 2 pipes instead :D ) I had a nice set of dynomax mufflers on it and I was wondering what the result would be like if I hacked one of them off of there and had it welded on in place of the stock Talon muffler. Do you think it would sound like ass? These are the dynomax super turbos if anyone is familiar. It's a straight-through (no baffles) muffler that's packed with fiberglass. Kinda quiet on my Monte. Would they sound raspy, high-pitched, or too loud on the Talon?

dude id just get a import muffler. i have dynomax mufflers and if i put it opn my n/t id be embarrased as my 360 hauled ass.

i dont htink it would sound good on a little motor liek ours

It should sound fine. Dynomax mufflers always sound good. Think of it this way, if you put two of these on a dual exhaust v-8, it would be the same thing as two four bangers with dynomax mufflers running right next to each other. :D

just try it and see. I've heard flowmasters sound pretty good on imports before. worst case, you hack it off and sell it anyways.

i would say go for it i got a thrush muffler on my 2.0 breeze and it gives it a nice deep tone and even with giving it gas it doesnt sound like the car is taking a crap LOL

i don't think it would sound bad my friend has it on his lt1 and there quiet so i dont think it would be loud and raspy :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back