The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

UV Oil Leak dye question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T is for TURBO

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Okay, heres the deal. I finally got my engine running... for all of 30 seconds... Anyway, The engine is freshly built by AMS a couple of months ago. Everything in the bottom end is new including the front case, and oil filter housing. Well, I got the car started after priming the engine, ran it twice for about 15 seconds each time. I seem to have an oil leak from coming from the front case side. I took the accessory belts off, and timing cover but I can't seem to pinpoint the leak, and since the oil is so fresh its difficult to see exactly where it is coming from.

So I've done some reading, and I heard people talk about the UV dye additive to help find where it is coming from.

My question is; is it safe use to use this stuff on a fresh engine, and how well does this stuff work??

The leak isn't too big, about two oil caps full on the ground, but to big of a leak to drive for sure, and I would like to get this resolved before I tackle the other problems associated with new engine installs.

Thanks for the reading my novel!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back