The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

USPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohsofast122

10+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2012
Fayetteville, North_Carolina
Maybe it's just that time of the year when the post office is really busy (trying to stay positive) but I sent 2 transfer cases to liberty last week and they seem to have gone missing. They were clean with no oil and inside of a big pelican storm case that has 4 press and pull latches. I have to wait 1 more business day before I can file a claim with them and luckily I added $500 worth of insurance on the package. All I get is a message saying that they are in transit. Has anybody here filed a claim with them and do you get the amount of money that they were insured for?

PM sent

I'm also having issues with USPS, I ordered a set of 4 tires, and they claim to have left a note at my place
[ :hmm: I never found any note...] I was waiting all week and no one attempted to deliver them, so I had to re-order a set of tires again, only this time I'm having them send em to a trusted family members house instead... :idontknow:maybe they can't deliver them to my address... hopefully they wont end up being sent back again.

The only thing that frustrates me is that liberty is about to do a run on their 300M transfer case so it needed to be there this week. Hell the damn pelican case that I shipped them in was $150 itself.

USPS is super busy right now, even priority went from 3 days max to up to two weeks. My mailman is always running down the street trying to drop everything off quickly on his route. I've had a couple things go missing, luckily they're not expensive or anything. Honestly you should use FedEx, they seem to be a lot less busy than USPS right now. I'm getting really quick shipments with them, USPS is usually quicker than FedEx when it isn't a holiday where I live.

VERY BUSY right now at my office, but it is dwindling off. Charley, did you get in on the 300M case deal? I was glad to see that they made it to Liberty.
Marty

Yes they did make it in time. All is good. Thank you again for helping me track the item!

Would do it for anyone. Glad it had a good outcome! Smiles all around!

If I've learned anything in the 13+ years I've been shipping expensive parts, it's never use USPS for anything of value that can be lost or damaged because chances are it will get lost or damaged....and they'll try everything in their power to get out of paying you the full amount of the insurance claim.

I've absolutely had it with their incompetence and taking over 6 months to fulfill a claim that I had to appeal three times to get anywhere near the amount of money to replace the part they damaged. On the last instance when I vowed never to use them again I had get in touch with a regional claims lady and explain to her, Barney-style, that just because a certain amount of money exchanges hands via Paypal that it can occasionally cost MORE than that amount to replace an item for the buyer once it's damaged beyond use. I literally asked this lady on the phone if I insured a box of dog shit for $800 and they lost it, would they deny my claim simply because the box was full of dog shit? My question was ignored for whatever reason. :p

I actually had a very easy time with USPS the only time I had an issue. I sen a few pictures of lightly damaged hx35 and they sent full refund to the house in a week. No questions asked.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back