The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

USPS Issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrackedDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2009
Pensacola, Florida
Simple question for you guys, especially people getting packages from Florida. Anyone else experiencing massive delays with your packages? I’ve talked with a bunch of people and apparently everyone’s seen like month long delays on their packages especially around the Florida area.

My question is not only who else is seeing issues currently, but how long did it take you to get your package? It’s been a week since I’ve had a cable shipped from Pensacola to NC, and it’s still stuck in “delayed” hell.

I ship almost evey USPS priority mail. It takes 1-3 business days to get delivered.
They have another service (i think its called retail ground) that can take up to 8 business days for delivery.

Have you looked up the tracking number for your package?

It was shipped via USPS priority. I have been vigilantly tracking it via the tracking number. Lol. I wish it was just a “oops it was shipped via ground or parcel post”.

But I’m asking has anyone had the experience currently or very recently. I’ve had success and failures with USPS but very recently they have been on a whole nother level of suck.

We always allow at least an extra 2 days, at least, for anything delivered to, or sent from, Florida: USPS and UPS.

It’s like the shipments hit the border, going either way, and are put on a slow moving conveyor across the state line.

“Package in transit” updates do nothing to tell anyone where the package actually is.

There are seasonal delays right now due to the crazy volume, Florida also is always slower to get things to any time of the year.

That's weird. All my other packages have gotten here no problem. Except for one. And I think it might be Fstate..... Do Not Quote me. Regardless, 1/10 MIA.

After 15 days of non reciept, you should file for a lost item at 1-800-ASK-USPS.

Believe me, we are under staffed for the current package volume due to black Friday and cyber monday sales. I serve about 1000 people and our volume has really soared since just after Thanksgiving. Wish I could report different news. I am able to handle the freight but getting it TO me is certainly a daily issue.

I avoid usps at all cost. I shipped a part here in CT from danbury ct to new haven ct....took them 3 days. The package goes to mass, to Nj then back to CT. Makes alot of sense

Again, seasonal delays, all shippers deal with it every year, only difference is that with fedups you pay more for the privilege, if you need it that quick send it next day express.

In my opinion, USPS is probably the lowest in terms of service of delivery carriers. I’ve rarely had any good experience to report with them. Half of the time, packages are either late or most recently lost. They can’t even seem to get usual mail to the right house on my block the majority of the time. And it’s not just this time of year. Happens consistently. I cry inside when I see someone has sent me something through USPS.

In my opinion, USPS is probably the lowest in terms of service of delivery carriers. I’ve rarely had any good experience to report with them. Half of the time, packages are either late or most recently lost. They can’t even seem to get usual mail to the right house on my block the majority of the time. And it’s not just this time of year. Happens consistently. I cry inside when I see someone has sent me something through USPS.

Yeah. I've had stuff shipped to me in the middle of summer from Extreme that usually takes 2 days max, shipped USPS and it takes a week. For the same shipping method. Regular ground from UPS from extreme, if I order it early enough in the morning, I'll get it the next day. USPS.....Who knows. Luckily the stuff I'm waiting for isn't really holding up progress with the car at all. Got other things I can do and it's the off season anyway.

Got my USPS package from GA to central Texas in about 3 days.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back