The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Using Artificial Intelligence to help your build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dashnizzle

Proven Member
Jun 5, 2021
Montana
Okay this was too cool not to share. If you aren’t aware, there’s a crazy powerful AI-driven tool you can use for free called ChatGPT. This gives you access to asking AI anything you desire. I decided to test the mechanical knowledge today and found it super interesting.

I copied my profile mod list and asked the following:

I am going to provide a list for you of modifications and upgrades made to my 1991 Mitsubishi galant vr4. Can you identify any weak links or areas that provide a bottleneck for performance? Any omissions of important modifications will also be something I need to know:

Answer:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Not trying to toot my own horn but also heck yeah!

Here’s another question and answer:

It’s almost scary how spot on this tool can be and maybe it can help some of you out. I’ve been asking some pretty crazy questions and the answers usually don’t disappoint.

I’ll leave you one more that I tried to ask just for fun:

Anyways I hope this helps someone somehow because it’s pretty cool. Here’s a link to the website:
https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

Last edited:
You should remember that it only knows what it can read, and if half of what it reads is noise, half of what it tells you is noise.

Look at the cam specs given, that literally covers Every aftermarket cam that exists. Yeah, that's helpful.

It's possible in the future it could go out and use a real simulation software to generate the data you request, but that's a ways out.

You: AI Bot, what happened to my 4th gear? What do I do now?
AI Bot: I’ve scanned the internet and suggest that you part the car out.

This is hardly groundbreaking. I would use it to analyze very complex and specific information, but broadly, it’s useless. Upgrade your brakes! Upgrade your suspension! People’s definitions of upgrades might include Raceland coilovers and/or cut springs on dampers they don’t know are blown. It’s an information aggregate for someone to start knowing what to read about, not a replacement for actual reading.

You: AI Bot, what happened to my 4th gear? What do I do now?
AI Bot: I’ve scanned the internet and suggest that you part the car out.

This is hardly groundbreaking. I would use it to analyze very complex and specific information, but broadly, it’s useless. Upgrade your brakes! Upgrade your suspension! People’s definitions of upgrades might include Raceland coilovers and/or cut springs on dampers they don’t know are blown. It’s an information aggregate for someone to start knowing what to read about, not a replacement for actual reading.
Don’t get me wrong, I agree with that assessment! I especially wouldn’t trust this tool over the knowledge out there but I’m sure it can help somehow. I didn’t really give any good examples in my original post of any good questions to ask I’ll leave that to you.

Also because you asked :D

Last edited:
Check out MOBI on the stellar network it’s all about a data market and oracles I think these ai will buy curated data in a decentralized market from oracles to make them much more effective useful

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back