The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Using a N/T block for a turbo rebuild. What rod/piston combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyfusco

Probationary Member
Dec 14, 2004
Winnipeg, Manitoba_Canada
I'm stuck using a n/t block as a rebuild for my TSI. I know they don't have the oil squirters and i don't plan on putting them in. Can i get away doing the 1g rod/ 2g piston combo? Should i use a forged piston instead? Can i use a forged piston (like weisco) with a 1g rod? or do i need a new rod/piston combo?

Use the same setup as you planned on using with the turbo 6 bolt. 1g/2g is fine if you like that. Wiseco is a great setup, if you plan to make over say 300hp then go with wiseco. The 1g rod will be fine for like 350 or so hp, more than that and I would go with a forged aftermarket rod. You can get wiseco pistons with the 2g compression ratio that will fit your 1g rod too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back