The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Using 94-98 Galant Struts on 2G Eclipse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SundaeHotFudge

Probationary Member
Aug 2, 2021
Pulilan, Asia
Can this fit on my 2g with stock springs? There is no eclipse specific shocks here in my country. Thanks
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You need 341163 for the front and 341164 for the rear.

Last edited:
Those shocks are for an 8th gen galant (Asia/EU market). They will mount up to a 2G DSM however the ride height and feel will be different. There's a chance your car will sit even higher with those. Try getting a shipping quote from Rockauto as Marty is suggesting, and if it ends up too expensive, you can go with the ones you've picked and see how it ends up. 7th/8th gen Galant suspension is for the most part interchangeable with a 2G DSM.

Thanks, i found the right part number but this brand is unknown, i think its a local brand here.

And
Both say they ship from US Warehouses but I couldn't tell if they ship Internationally.

That's double the price here. Kyb's here are about 32usd each if converted to usd currency.

And
Both say they ship from US Warehouses but I couldn't tell if they ship Internationally.
if i use 341165. rear for awd? will the ride height change?

https://www.kyb.com/products/excel-g/ Page #27
Is your car a FWD not a AWD? If so, then that is the correct strut. I wouldn't mix a shock that wasn't meant for my car though. There is possibly a difference in the way they mount up between a FWD and an AWD and the proportioning is probably different between the 2 models for a reason.
Just my .02¢

https://www.kyb.com/products/excel-g/ Page #27
Is your car a FWD not a AWD? If so, then that is the correct strut. I wouldn't mix a shock that wasn't meant for my car though. There is possibly a difference in the way they mount up between a FWD and an AWD and the proportioning is probably different between the 2 models for a reason.
Just my .02¢
KYB representatives here keeps saying awd and fwd shocks are the same, they dont have the one specifically for fwd. Guess i'll take the locally made shocks with the correct part number than a kyb for awd.

The 341165 is now showing up as all models from what I can see here in the states so I would use them, as your KYB reps are saying also. They are not differentiating between AWD and FWD.
Here is a screen shot for a 1996......... and I would say it will not change ride height.
On a side note, I just installed KYB's on the front of my 92 along with new control arms and ball joints and the ride is much better now, no noise and the feel is solid.
Marty

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back