The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

used 3g lifters ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fehrion_sit

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2009
chalfont, Pennsylvania
im currently rebuilding my head, and i wanna get 3g lifters, im assuming they are out of the 4cylinder motor that came in the 3g eclipse, would getting used ones out of a junk car be a bad idea, the parts would obviously be cleaned and reassemblied, objects and thoughts?

idk yet, i havent found a car yet, but JNZ had them and for a set of 16, i was gonna pay over $100 and im not looking to spend that kind of money when the stock ones will work, i have the entire valve train disassemblied, so if i get low mileage used lifters, clean them, then will they reall be that big of a risk ?

Well the stockers are known for ticking so you might as well dish out the money and just buy the 3gs NEW. I would never put used lifters in a car that I didn't rebuild my self or know where they came from.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back