The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Urgent: B&G spring install problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OB1

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario_Canada
After installing my rear B&G springs on my Tokiko blues, I noticed that with the nuts threaded all the way down onto the shock, there is enough play for me to spin the spring around on the strut perch.

This is not my first time installing lowering springs and have never noticed this before.

Is it normal for the spring to have enough play to spin around on the strut perch after the nut is threaded all the way down??

The only thing I can think of is to use a few washers on the top to allow the spring to be compressed low enough to hold it in place.

Thanks

Either they are designed to lower the car a lot or they have much higher rates than stock or both. My 450# rears leave more than an inch of space when set to lower the car about 1.25".

- Jtoby

Well they lower 1.6 F and R.

When I say the spring spins around, I mean when the assembly is off the car. I imagine once the weight of the car is on the springs, they will settle in nicely.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back