The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Urban camo engine bay

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomaster1990

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2009
Ocala, Florida
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its still a work in progress, I have a few places that need to be touched up, so this is just the first pass. i still need to cut a smaller template for all the creases, but for $20 of engine paint, a couple days of prep work and 2 hours of painting it doesnt look too bad.

I want some opinions, just don't be a dick.

I don't want to be a dick as you would say, but that looks awful.

well you weren't a dick, so thanks for the input. :thumb:

Like i said i'm not done yet so keep that in mind. I wouldn't let an engine in this bay if this was the finished product.

If you put in the right time to finish it I would say you have a good start! Keep it up man and keep us posted! Glad to see something new on here engine bay wise.

Good luck!

Hay man it looks like you cut one stencil and just used the same one over and over. It looks uniform when it comes to camo you cut a few and then randomly paint them on in layers. Props tho. Keep up the good work

I agree with 4Lurker4, I think it would look better as a patchier camo rather than like a digicam that you've done. Props on being creative though, all that matters is that you're happy with the end result.

I think it might look better shiny

Good idea! Definately needs some more put into it though.

Do you have an overall picture instead of the close ups?

What about adding another color in there? Any reason of why not? Have you considered it?

I was thinking of doing 2" squares of the boxes that youcan with a smart phone, and bar codes. All white bay with black paint or sticker...still just a thought now but this kind of gives me a reference :)

Keep it going it could look very good when it's all done!!!

like to see it all done. I would have done it with bigger panels of camo

Here is the hood I did that is hanging behind my bar in the basement. It has a ton of clear coat on it so it is as smooth as glass with the greddy sticker under the clear coat

tkr that hood looks nasty!

i was thinking of putting white in the mix, just didn't. i thought it would blend with the grey too much. i thought the digi-camo would come out better than it did, but im going back over it and doing black pattern to make the red pop. I also didn't think of doing more than one stencil, figured it would all blend.i think i will make a couple more designs, and do all of them to mix it up. hopefully ill have more pics tomorrow night. I work 7:30 to 6 so its hard to get work on the car done in the dark.

yeah i agree too much work for it to look like that not to put it down, but it could look better if you did it like that hood in the post a few up... but i bet what u did took some time

ok so the bay is 99.5% done, the only thing that I have left is im going to paint my group name on the strut towers, and maybe some misc. profanity here and there. I'll either have pics up tonight or tomorrow. My son always seems to get hospital bound when im getting somewhere, which is why it took so long. He's ok now, I just hope he doesn't have an early hatred of cars. :pray:

Love painted engine bays, I was given soo much shit from DSM'r's all over when I Did mine:

Love painted engine bays, I was given soo much shit from DSM'r's all over when I Did mine:
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
That's sexy man, idk why anyone would say anything.

I've been called a Ricer and much more. some people say it looks like I painted the car but couldn't afford to have the engine bay painted.

As for the OP, I agree with everyone else. Go with a base color and then a nicer print than what your using. Looks too.... made up. Get some decently sized patches and it should look good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back