The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

UPS insurance: What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95 gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 2, 2006
Coal City, Illinois
Basically, this new company that UPS is using for their insurance claims is not able to meet the demand of the number of claims coming in. I bought a transmission from somebody in November 2006 and when it arrived, it was clearly in need of repair. I filed a claim with UPS and they came and got the trans in December of 2006 for inspection. I sent the insurance company all kinds of stuff including an estimate to get the trans fixed, a description of the damage, pictures of the damage, an ad for the trans proving it's value, etc. All i got from it was the run-around. They claimed they had a check written out for the cost of repairs, they lost all the paperwork I sent with the trans, they had no communication with me and if I wanted to know something I had to call them, blah blah.

Fast forward. In May of 2007 I found out the transmission made it's way all the way back to Florida where I got it from. I still had not received anything from the insurance company so I told UPS to send it back to me as I was getting impatient and wanted a running car. It took them a whole month to send it: three weeks to build a box to ship it in and another week to re-route the trans because they shipped it to the wrong state! I paid to have the transmission repaired myself and have been driving with it since June 2007. It is now Dec 26, 2007 and I have not heard or received anything yet. I think I have to make a phone call to see what's going on. This is no way to treat a client and it pisses me off that they've put me on the backburner for 6 months! Is it time to take legal action or file a formal complaint? What should I do?

Call them and ask whats going on and take them to court for it. That's what I would do

Well, that's one vote for "Take it to court"

Should I really go that far with it? I was talking to a friend of mine and he's convinced that all the small claims (less than $1000) they dont even bother with so I think Im screwed. Honestly though, I've shipped a lot of things and most of them I have insured. Why pay the extra money if you dont get the service in return? Is there are proper term for what I could take them to court for? I know at least some of you guys out there have gone through this same thing and have an idea of what to do.

Read through the terms and agreements of insurance and what it actually covers. Find something in there that when you bring it up when you call, will get there ass in motion. You paid X amount of dollars for your product not to be ruined. Now in return, you should get a repaired tranny in a certain amount of time that is reasonable. Thats the it works, if not, you sue UPS for not taking care of business. That simple.

James :laser:

Crap.
Sometimes, things just screw-up. It's worse when it's someone who shouldn't be screwing up, and UPS is one of the ones we get used to just counting on.
You'll do better if you can get upstream at UPS than trying in court. See if you can track down someone higher-up in the company who'll help you. Call your local terminal and ask them who the regional big-wig is, and how to contact him.

So, I called a customer service representative for UPS and she said my insurance claim had already been resolved.OMG She also said that the insurance company reached their decision and forwarded all of the paperwork to the UPS facility in Florida where the transmission was originally shipped from! So I thanked here and called the UPS store in Florida and I spoke to some girl that said the guy (James) that took care of claim information was in the hospital and couldnt give me any information regarding my claim! :mad: Soooooo, I wonder how long James had that info and never bothered to call me and let me know my claim had been settled...unbelievable.

So, I called a customer service representative for UPS and she said my insurance claim had already been resolved.OMG She also said that the insurance company reached their decision and forwarded all of the paperwork to the UPS facility in Florida where the transmission was originally shipped from! So I thanked here and called the UPS store in Florida and I spoke to some girl that said the guy (James) that took care of claim information was in the hospital and couldnt give me any information regarding my claim! :mad: Soooooo, I wonder how long James had that info and never bothered to call me and let me know my claim had been settled...unbelievable.

let me know man! ill go in their and raise hell tomorrow!

I used to work for UPS and let me tell you, any damage done to your package is the least of their concern. UPS like many other companies only look at numbers. There is a reason that you get $100 of free insurance whenever you ship something. Complain your @$$ off and go above their heads as much as possible. Good Luck.

I would call back and find out if there is someone else that you could speak to about the claim. Companies usually keep these on file (usually on a computer), and there may be someone else that could get the information for you. I had to do this with my insurance company last summer in reguards to a claim. I was persistant with them:beatentodeath: and they finally put me in touch with a person that was able to access the information i needed. Just keep on them about it and they will shoot you up the food chain until you reach someone that can help you. Good luck!:talon:

I have a claim with fedex that's 3 years old now. They destroyed a 6 bolt head I shipped out. The insurance is a joke and they'll never own up to it,EVER.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back