The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Upgrading turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie3343

Probationary Member
Jul 10, 2021
Mountain Home, Idaho
Can i upgrade my turbo on my 98 eclipse gst on the stock engine and what turbo would i upgrade to?

Of course it can be upgraded. What you install is really up up to your goals for the car and your budget. Do you have any other mods? A way to tune it? If you want to keep it close to stock look at small or big 16g, or if you’re ready to get tuning software and fuel upgrades, check out Forced performance

Of course it can be upgraded. What you install is really up up to your goals for the car and your budget. Do you have any other mods? A way to tune it? If you want to keep it close to stock look at small or big 16g, or if you’re ready to get tuning software and fuel upgrades, check out Forced performance
So can i just put on a big 16g turbo with no other modifications on a stock motor

a 16g isn't a direct swap, you would also need a few extra parts.

Can i upgrade my turbo on my 98 eclipse gst on the stock engine and what turbo would i upgrade to?
You are going to need to provide more information. There are too many options. Only thing we can answer is yes it's safe to upgrade a turbo on a stock engine. No its generally not safe to do so on stock fuel control. I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Learn about the car first.

Please fill out a profile. You will need to learn a few things before jumping in. If you're looking to upgrade for power there are steps to follow as mentioned. If your turbo is blown and you want to go ahead and upgrade for future plans yes that's possible but you cannot use it to its full potential without further modifications. You will have to tell us your situation. Again fill out a profile so we can help you.

You will have to tell us your situation.

So whats going on is i got the car from my uncle about a week ago and he said he changed out all the stuff that could have been leaking oil but he thinks its a bad turbo and im looking for other options just in case i cant find the stock t25 turbo

Last edited by a moderator:
Two words I see, he thinks. I would diagnose whatever problems you have completely and then go look for a solution. You're looking for a turbo and not even 100% sure you need one.
What are the symptoms you're having that lead you to believe turbo is bad?

Two words I see, he thinks. I would diagnose whatever problems you have completely and then go look for a solution. You're looking for a turbo and not even 100% sure you need one.
What are the symptoms you're having that lead you to believe turbo is bad?

Nothing is leaking so we think that the turbo is bad and consuming more oil than it should but were gonna have it looked at

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back