The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Upgrading my fuel lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking for help, I am going to upgrade my fuel lines. Should the feed line and the return line be the same size???
No and the stock lines are good for pretty far out there. Why are you replacing? Fuel pressure dropping?

You can do the same size for both, but usually the return doesn't need to be as big or bigger than the feed, 2/3-3/4 size of the feed as long as your pump isn't crazy. I treat it like an electrical ground: it can't be too big, all depends on how much you'd like to spend on it.

If you do replace both you can price out doing all -8 (might get a bulk discount) or -8 feed and -6 return (keep in mind fitting/adapter size changes as well), or if you're replacing with hardline, you can probably get a better price on 1 size of tubing, but the length will be an issue there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back