The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterman412

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2009
rochester, New_York
its actually nice here now....kinda.... and i am asking as many questions as i can about upgrades i wanna do, just ### i dont spend money ons omething stupid and all.

so heres my question, ram intake is gonna give you alittle more low end power, and cold air intake is more top end power?

The cold air is better, you probably won't notice a power difference either way, and the ram air is much cheaper, so that's what I'd do.

But to answer your question yes the ram air supposedly has better low-end due to the pipe being shorter, and the cold air has better top end due to the air being colder, but by the time you hit the top-end there should be enough air blowing through your car that it won't matter much, same with the length of the piping, it's such a small difference that it doesn't really matter, especially at this point.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back