The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Upgrade path questions please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustracetsi

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 14, 2012
bergen county, New_Jersey
Looking at through threads even the upgrade pAth. So many difference things got me kinda confused. First I'm got 97 tsi with 14b or 16g turbo. Has j pipe. I looking to up the boost to 15 to 20 but confused on the threads some say stock injectors can handle it other say upgrade injectors pump and fpr. Also looking to get dsm link. My question for this on is if I get a 2g EPROM Ecu will it plug right up to the car or not. I read some one thread the wiring harness different from 95 then 97. And last Maft. Can Maft with gm Maf work with with stock Ecu or only moded ecus

If you are going to increase the boost, get your supporting upgrades in place first. Also, find out for sure whether you have a 14b or 16g, and if 16g, which variant. This matters in terms of fuel flow required to support your targeted boost. A 2g EPROM ECU will plug in, but unless the firing order mod was done to the ECU you will have to do the firing order changes, as detailed on the ECM Tuning knowledge base. Someone else will have to answer your MAFT question as that is outside my experience. I opted to go EVO MAF/injectors/fuel pump which enabled me to increase my boost while saving for my ecmlink.

the maft can work with the stock ecu as it just plugs into the stock mas plug. BUT it really is a piss poor excuse for a tuning device, and you can only change fuel in 5% increments AND it has no adjustment for timing, which is the worst fail. at the very least though, you can use this in conjucture with a set of 550 ccm injectors, an upgraded fuel pump, a wideband o2, and your choice of intercooler. I really suggest ecmlink though. to use the 95 ecu, you have to swap in a 95 cas or swap out two injector plugs, I forget which ones

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fairly new to this site as a member however I have been reading post an threads for almost 3 years now. The reason I say this is you should really listen to KewlWinter an do all supporting mods first. I mean no disrespect but I have been where your at, wanting more horsepower an not wanting to spend mad money I ended up cutting a few corners an now my beautiful car is sitting in my garage waiting on me to rip it apart again an put proper head gasket an APR head bolts. I did almost everything right an it got me FUN for a minute. There is not a better place to learn about these cars than here but you have to take these guys serious. Like I said I have read many threads an yes what your wanting has been done before but at least take it to a proven DSM shop an have them do the work if your wanting to cut corners at least they will have more experience to get the job done right. Seriously no disrespect meant with post here but if I could do things over again, well it would be saving me some serious down time an cash.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back