The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Updated A/C Compressor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerx

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
So I figure technology has advanced a lot since these cars first came out.
I know the 1g dsm originally used r12 freon, but is it possible to use something else?

Im rebuilding the top end of my motor but I figured i do a lil bit of everything with it. I have an a/c compressor thats seized and im thinking I might just replace it with one from Autozone.
However r12 is hard to get, and from what I hear expensive. So I was wondering what kind of freon I should go with and will it work?

WEll, I'm pretty sure you could easily adapt the 2g compressor to run on the 1g car, it easily bolts to the engine and the belt routing is the same, just a different tensioner, but i have a 1g 6 bolt in my 2g car with the 2g AC and tensioner on it

My 97 GS-T ran on R134a, here the car is 15 years old and the original AC charge still gets ice cold and functions great!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back