The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Unlock steering wheel without key

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91TSi FWD

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2003
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
Hello, been a long time since I've posted, but looking to get back into dsm's. I'm currently looking at a 97 gst, but the owner lost the keys. The engine doesn't run and I'm getting it very cheap.

The problem is I have to tow it, so will get a car hauler trailer. With no keys the steering wheel is locked, which posses an issue with loading it. Is there a way to unlock the steering wheel without too much headaches?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if the Mitsubishi does this but on the big three, there is a number stamped on the door locks and the glove box. If it's there, take that number and have a key cut...It won't start the car because of the immobilizer... Worth a try

Hello, been a long time since I've posted, but looking to get back into dsm's. I'm currently looking at a 97 gst, but the owner lost the keys. The engine doesn't run and I'm getting it very cheap.

The problem is I have to tow it, so will get a car hauler trailer. With no keys the steering wheel is locked, which posses an issue with loading it. Is there a way to unlock the steering wheel without too much headaches?

Thanks in advance.

For my chevrolet vehicles the dealer keeps the key cut info with the vin and you can call and get a new key cut with proof of ownership like the title. Not sure if mitsubishi does that

Unbolt the steering column from the rack, you will have to get under the dash and loosen all of the column bolts to slide the steering column out after you unbolt the joint at the rack

You will need 2 or 3 6 inch extensions to unbolt the joint at the rack, I believe its a 12 mm bolt (or a 13)

You will need a phillips head screw driver and 10mm sockets to remove the drivers side lower trim panel.

Last edited:
I am in the same situation on a 92 Talon Auto car I found but, like you, no key........

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back